Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Bane of Big Ideas

So I'm working on World's Apart (a fantasy game based upon Mongoose's OGL Traveller), A Magical Society: India, and an unannounced Pathfinder project. All of these are probably 80-100k word projects. That's three big irons in the fire. The problem with these large projects is that I tend to get serially obsessive: working on one exclusively for a short while before moving on to the next. This leaves me little time to do the small, daily, creatives that I really *need* to be doings: Tome of Tomes, Formula Folio, Creatures & Objects Below the Shattered Moon. These four smaller projects help keep my brain from "focus tiredness" and they make good small posts here at the blog and eventually nice little PDFs.

The Bane of Big Ideas is that they trample all before them. Time to force the old brain into doing *everything* that needs to be done.

On a side note, I've just accepted another Advanced Adventure Manuscript (it'll be #25 or #26) and I'm still looking for more. I"m always looking for more AA material.

No comments:

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP