Saturday, October 9, 2010

Music and Writing

I spend most of my writing time listening to music from several different genres. I tend to favor old-school metal (and some modern metal sans cookie-monster lyrics) and rock music more than anything. This influences my writing in many ways, mostly through mood and tone, but sometimes directly - such as the fortunate son spirit being pulled from Creedence Clearwater Revival's song of the same name. In some ways, music is so tied to my creativity that simply playing a record will help break through a writing-block.

Hrm... a post not much about anything. That's ok since it's a Saturday and most people visit the blog during the weekdays. Ya'll need to get to work instead of reading my blog... :)

2 comments:

Nick said...

I hear you, honestly. I listen to a lot of metal, preferably thrash metal, groove metal, and that sort of thing, and it can really show.

It's not really in my writing, but my games tend to have a lot of violence and doom. I'm a lot more upbeat than the venerable Mr. Raggi about it, but that doesn't mean it's not there. It's mostly a spirit of "death happens, so what?" that tends to fit so well with older editions od D&D.

But I digress. Heavily.

jgbrowning said...

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of gamers are heavily influenced via music. The medium seems to lend itself to such.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP